Monday, August 23, 2010

Summer, Hair, Dance and our new 2nd grader!!

Well, I haven't looked at this blog in about 2.5 months and am shocked at how long it has been since I have bragged about my babies, at least here anyway. It was a busy summer!! Ben went to soccer camp, and Rodney and the kids repeatedly went to OK to my mom's house and I did too, but not as much as them. Rodney actually survived a summer home with both kids. Amazing.... Ben discovered that he loves to roller skate! Lauren discovered that she DOESN'T!!! Rodney and I discovered that we still CAN roller skate, even after being away from it for over 20 years.

Well, I wanted to post a few recent pictures and then start into the past weekend and today. I have wanted to play with Lauren's hair for awhile now, so several weeks ago, I used a flat iron on it to get rid of the curls. These first two pictures show what it looked like after I did that. Not that great. Unfortunately, her hair is similar to mine and it is almost impossible to get the frizz out, even with a flat iron. I probably didn't try as hard as I could have, because I was afraid of burning her. Since that look didn't work as well as I had hoped, then I used hot rollers to curl the ends (see the next two pictures) I think it looks pretty cute, but it was a lot of work.





Lauren finally started her dance class this past weekend. She looked so cute. I got to watch and she didn't exactly take to it right away. In fact, she just stood there and watched the teacher and other kids. Oh well, I am sure she will loosen up and participate in the next couple of classes. She has a recital to be ready for in May of next year!!



Today was Ben's first day of second grade! I think he was a little nervous, but Rodney, Lauren and I walked him into school and I took pictures, of course. I asked him if I could walk him into school next year when he starts the third grade. He said I could, but I was not allowed to take pictures. (We'll see about that....haha)
After school I tried to get info out of him, but he is a 7 year old boy and didn't have much to say. I did ask him if he thought he was going to like 2nd grade and he said yes. Glad to hear that....





1 comment:

Team Russi said...

Erin, I just found your blog. Your kiddos are all so precious!