Friday, August 12, 2011

Ben Playing Piano

I've wanted to get some video of Ben practicing piano and finally thought of it today.  The piece he is practicing right now is one of the longer pieces he has learned and this was just introduced to him last week.  Fur Elise was introduced this week and the teacher is using this piece to teach him memorization and hand movements.  So Ben will keep learning more and more of that one.  For some reason, Ben has always thought I was a "great" piano player.  ha!  I can play a few things I learned from my best friend in high school and only certain pieces of that and I cannot really read music.  For Fur Elise, I know some of the right hand notes, but couldn't remember the left hand notes and asked Ben to show that one to me.  And he said "Maybe I know more than mom on piano, now..."  He liked that.  :-)  I really wish my grandfather were around to see this.  Ben really likes piano.  He has decided he wants to learn the saxophone next.  Not because his dad played in high school, but because his cool piano teacher also teaches saxophone.  He really likes Mr. Christian, his piano teacher.  Enjoy the video!


No comments: