Well, I know it has been awhile, but it has been a busy October! Between sickness and work, there was not much productive down time for me. The kids and Rodney have all been sick more than once this month. Somehow I have missed this. Maybe my body knew that I didn't have time for it this month, since I am shorthanded at work and have had to work OT a lot. Ugh!


****************************************************************
The kids are doing better now. Lauren had a throat infection last week and still has a nasty cough. We had to miss Ben's fall festival at school last week because he had a 24 hour bug. He had a fever and it went down every time we gave him Motrin, but then it came right back after the Motrin wore off. Lauren went to see the ENT for a check up on her tubes last week and the DR said her ears look perfect! That is good to hear. Unfortunately, she keeps getting throat and sinus infections. I am afraid that won't end for her. With Ben, as soon as he got tubes, he was hardly ever sick after that. At least, not any infections. He has had a few stomach bugs here and there.
Ben is, I assume, being a normal 5 year old. He cut his bangs at school. Not in a straight line, but right in the middle. So he had a horseshoe of hair on the middle of his forehead. Not sure if that makes sense. Here is a picture.

He has had a haircut since and it is pretty short, but cute, of course.
Lauren's hair, as you know is very curly. It is growing, but very hard to tell. When we give her a bath, and her hair is wet, it is past her shoulders. Here is a picture of her in the bath. Rodney did this one night. See how high her hair goes!

I am tempted to flat iron her hair to see what it looks like longer, but I think I will just be patient and wait for it to grow. HA! We all know how patient I am..... No, really, I won't flat iron it.
Lately, when Lauren is ready for bed at night, she will get her blanket and pacifier and wants to sit with daddy on the couch. I think she has decided that each of us has certain jobs in her life. Anytime she wants to take her pacifier out to eat or drink or whatever, she gives it to daddy, even if he is way across the room and I am standing next to her. He is the official pacifier holder. We have also discovered she doesn't care for our singing. Kind of hurts a little.... but when Rodney and I are singing to her or even just singing along with the radio, she yells "Bok!" I think it is her version of "Stop!". She lets us sing if we are singing the ABCs or Happy Birthday. It is funny, until I can't sing along to my favorite songs on the radio because she is yelling "Bok! Bok! Bok!". Here is a picture of the Lauren snuggling with daddy before bed.
****************************************************************Happy Halloween!!
Trying to catch up. For Halloween, Lauren had a party at her school that Rodney and I went to. Basically, they dress up all the kids and the kids parade through the parking lot while the parents are standing out there taking pictures. Then we go back to her room and leave all the kids crying for the teachers to deal with...HA! Unfortunately, that is how it ends. Because at Lauren's age, all the kids cry when the parents leave. I felt bad for the teachers, because about 70% of the kids were crying when we left. Actually, we have messed up their schedules by being there and that doesn't help. But they were all so cute in their costumes. Some parents go all out.








For Halloween evening, we invited ourselves over, I mean, went to our friends, Jamie and Bill's house to trick or treat! We had a good time, caught up, ate dinner and then took the kids trick or treating! Ben was loving it! Lauren was just along for the ride. And I think Davis, Jamie and Bill's cutie pie, was getting the hang of it. But walking so much is tough on the kids (and parents), so me and Lauren quit first, then came Davis, and lastly, Ben (Optimus Prime).
Off to watch a movie with the family!!


No comments:
Post a Comment