Monday, June 1, 2009

Celebrating a lot these days!

Between the end of April through June, it is a busy month for us with birthday's and holiday's galore. My birthday was at the end of April, then Mother's Day, then Adria's 21st bday (yes, I said 21!!), our 13th wedding anniversary (today!), Ben's 6th bday (this Wed) and then Father's Day. Whew!! Usually some of those suffer each year. We have not done much on Mother's Day's some years (sorry moms), we haven't done much for my birthday some years and mostly our anniversary suffers and it passes by almost unnoticed most years. It is so close to Ben's birthday, we are usually concentrating on that. This year we have decided to change our anniversary to sometime in July so we can actually celebrate it!! Ha. we'll see....

Today Ben had an awards assembly at school that was for all of the kindergarten classes. He got an award for Computers and Handwriting. Not that I am doubting my brainy son's abilities, but I had not heard of his "wonderful" computer skills until today. Nor had I expected him to win any handwriting awards. HA. Anyway, my son has "graduated" Kindergarten and I felt a little emotional today. My baby boy is growing up. I was trying so hard to remember him as a baby, and I do, but it is more distant that I would like for it to be. He is so funny these days!! He does anything to try and make you laugh. And he does make us laugh. Who knew I would have a funny kid? Lauren follows right along and knows exactly what to do to make us laugh. She opens her eyes really wide and twists her face in the funniest ways. I will try to capture some of that to post here.

Here are some pictures taken in the last month.















No comments: