Just thought of some things I wanted to post.
******************
Lately, when I ask Lauren Why she is doing something, she says "Because" or "Cause". And I keep asking and she keeps saying "Because!!!". Where did she get that?
*****************
Ben has not been feeling well lately. We did take him to the doctor and his tonsils are inflamed, so he is on antibiotics for tonsillitis. This has not stopped him at all. He got a lot of new toys from his birthday party last weekend and he has been playing non stop. We put together some lego cars, and he has played with his transformers and his Ben 10 toy. We read his books before bed. I am so glad that he loves books so much!!!! We always read at least 2 stories to him every night before bed. We have started that with Lauren too, and she is getting into it more. Until recently, she would only last about the first page or two before throwing the book aside and picking up another one.
***************
Lauren has been waking up every night for the past month or so. Sometimes we can get her to go right back to sleep and other times we end up putting her in bed with us. That never lasts long, though, because I cannot sleep when she is in her bed. And you know how important sleep is to me.....Anyway, the reason (I think) she has been waking up is her teeth. I mentioned this in a past post, but she only has her two front teeth on the bottom (except her molars in the back) and then until recently, only had 4 teeth on the top. It just seemed very odd to me that she went 9-10 months without getting any new teeth. So I called Ben's pediatric dentist in April and they said to go ahead and bring her in and that they actually recommend kids come in at age 1 now (What?????)!!!! So Ben had an appointment in May, so we scheduled them together. By the time she went to her appt, she was actually getting a 5th tooth on the top front. The dentist thought she was too young to take X-rays and she probably wouldn't sit still anyway, so they didn't do that. But he could tell she will get all the ones on top, but the 4 she is missing on the bottom, he could only tell that 2 of them would come in. This means that they can't know for sure until they can take an X ray, but there is actually a possibility that she just won't get 2 of her bottom teeth....ever.... From what I understand, sometimes if you don't get a baby tooth, you might or might not get the adult tooth. So, we will just have to wait and see. She will go back again in 6 months. Tonight I felt the other top tooth coming in, so that helps explain the recent waking up in the middle of the night. But I cannot feel anything coming in on the bottom. Odd....
******************
Lauren loves her big brother so much.....so much that she wants to spend all of her time with him. So take a wild guess on how much Ben likes this?? Yeah, he doesn't like it at all. So there have been a couple of occasions where Ben has pushed Lauren to get her away. So Lauren has turned into this tattle tale. She is constantly coming to me and saying "Ben pushed me!" "Ben hurt me" or "Look at Ben". And she is even telling on daddy. "Mama, look at daddy" It is kind of funny, but now we have discovered that it might not always be true. The other day, Lauren came to tell on Ben to me and so I was getting ready to go talk to Ben about it, when Rodney told me that Ben didn't even do anything. He had witnessed whatever happened and that little stinker was fibbing... :-)
Well, that's it for tonight. I am off to read Ben stories!!
No comments:
Post a Comment