Thursday, July 23, 2009

Not a baby anymore

Well, Lauren has done it. She is officially potty trained. Ok, we are still going to keep her in a diaper at night, but that is because we just started her on a big girl bed last night. First of all, she went #2 in the potty all by herself last night and again about 5 minutes ago. And she woke up at 4:30 am (UGH!!) asking to go to the potty. She came into our room, so I took her and then tried to get her back to sleep and since she is a little stinker, she proceeded to stay AWAKE until I HAD to get up. But I was very happy that she got up to go to the bathroom, instead of going in her diaper, so she had a dry diaper this morning. One funny thing she is doing is insisting on wearing her panties on OVER her diaper at night.
So two milestones in the last 24 hours: 1. #2 on the potty (and not in her underwear, like she was doing) and 2. sleeping in a big girl bed!! I am anxious to get the crib out of her room, so it will free up some space. She has a really small room, so with the day bed and the crib, there isn't much room for anything else.
*********************************************************************************
I found this new website/blog I have been going to that I am addicted to. It is www.thepioneerwoman.com. One of the things on it is recipes. Well, I have made 2 recipes from her web site. Ok, don't faint, I know it is hard to believe that I am cooking, but I am getting into it now. Not sure why NOW. But anyway, I made French Onion soup. It actually turned out pretty good, Rodney seemed to like it. And then I made a raspberry cobbler. But it was more like a muffin than a cobbler (no, not because i made it wrong) that is just how it was. Again, don't really consider it a cobbler, but that is what it is called. So now I am searching for a new recipe to make this weekend. Right now I am 2 for 2 and I am as shocked as all of you are.....

No comments: