Sunday, October 4, 2009

What we have been up to....

September seemed to be a very busy month for some reason. I think because Ben started school and we spend the weekends recovering from the weeks (or I do, at least). The kids have endless energy!! Ben has been very busy with constant school work and we are doing our best to keep up with it. Lauren has gotten more and more personality and I really wish I could think of all of the cute, hilarious, funny things she has been doing lately to write here. One thing we have discovered over the past 3-4 months is how bossy she is. I really don't know where she gets that from....... but anyway, she is constantly bossing us all around. In fact, this weekend, she is trying to act like Ben's mother. She asked him if he had a poopy and tried to check the back of his pants to see. Of course he wouldn't let her and got upset about it. Then she saw him picking his nose (I know, gross...) and she told him to stop picking his nose and that she had a kleenex in her purse. HA! And Ben comes to Rodney and complains that "she is treating me like I am a baby!!". I know this will not always be so funny, but she cracks me up right now!!! I just LOVE this stage with her. Of course, there are always the not so fun times of a 2 year old, but these other times FAR out weigh those. How did I get so lucky?? Ben is saying some really cute things too. I can tell he is learning a lot of "non-childish" concepts and things at school. Some we are not so happy about and some just surprise me (in a good way). He has been really sweet lately too. Helping Lauren do things and helping around the house. Anyway, here are some pictures that I have taken over the past month or so.

We had the slip n slide out about a month ago. Rodney tried to throw Lauren down it and she did not care for that too much! Ha!!


For some reason, the kids are waking up scared at some point in the night every once in awhile. So we have let the kids sleep together several times. It works out real nice, actually. Ben suggested the other day that we move Lauren's bed into his room and make her room a toy/play room. We might try it out. I like the idea of all the toys in one room instead of being all over the house.


Lauren has been pretending to talk on her play cell phone a lot lately and we are impressed by her multi-tasking. She can "talk" on her phone and do her puzzles at the same time. HA!


Ben has started the Tiger Scouts. It is really cute and he really has enjoyed it so far. We are glad because of all the good things he will be learning. He is selling popcorn right now, so anyone who wants to buy some popcorn, let me know. I can scan the order form. It won't come in until early Nov. He was real excited to be selling it!! The happiness on his face when he comes home from his meetings is my favorite part!! And he gets to do this with Rodney!!


Just thought this was a cute pic of daddy and the kids.


We went to the Dallas Arboretum today. Here are some pics. I have been a little bored with my pics lately. But I got some cute ones, I think, of the kids.









No comments: