Tonight was Kindergarten orientation and so we took Ben to his new school to meet his teacher. I was so proud of him. Most of my friends and family have seen Ben act shy. He gets grumpy in uncomfortable situations and is a little anti social when he is around a bunch of people, until he feels comfortable again. This is what I expected of him tonight. Well, I was wrong. He loved it all. When we were in his class, he was walking around checking every thing out and totally at ease. I took some pictures of him meeting his teacher and in his chair in the classroom. I was going to show it all off to everyone tonight. Well, being the wonderful photog I am (not), I get home and realize I didn't have a card in the camera!!! Ugh!!! Duh!! So, no pics this time.....sorry.
Cute thing that happened: First a little background....we bought this book for Ben several weeks ago called "Kindergarten Rocks". We wanted him to be a little more prepared for it and he ended up really liking the book and we read it almost every night. Well, in the class tonight, he was sitting on my lap and we were listening to the teacher talk and he said "I want to whisper something in your ear!" That is his newest thing he does. Whisper in your ear. Of course, I tell him No, that we need to listen to the teacher. He asks again, so I just let him. He leans over and cups his hand around my ear and says "Kindergarten Rocks!!!" It was so cute, I just squeezed him and it brought a big smile to my face. My baby is growing up..... I have to admit I had a couple of tears in my eyes a couple of times tonight. I can't help it. It is just such an exciting milestone.
************************
Our dining room project is done!! Rodney and his dad put new floors down and Rodney painted the walls and the trim. I am very happy with it!! Of course when we do something like this, it is not really done, because we need to buy a rug, stuff for the walls. And the dining table doesn't really go well with the walls now and the bookshelf doesn't match the floor. HAHA!!! Well, here are a couple of pics:
No comments:
Post a Comment