I was just commenting to Rodney that Lauren just seems so big for 2 years old. The things she says to us sound like something I would have said at 10 years old. It is so darn cute, but it also scares me. Will she be in a big hurry to grow up like I was? I hope not. Anyway, I saw her sitting on Rodney's lap like this and had to take a picture. She is at the cutest stage with the things she says and does right now, but she is also a little stinker and frustrates us to no end sometimes. She has basically regressed in the whole potty training issue. We have just gone back to pull ups. There is no rhyme or reason to it all. She will go all day without an accident, going in the potty and then she will have 3 accidents between 7pm and bed time. We don't understand it. It is different every day. She is constantly telling Ben what to do and saying no to everything we ask. The rule in our house is for the kids to eat in the kitchen and we say it 10 times a day. But she will come into the living room with pepperoni (one of her favs) in her hand and we will say "Food in the kitchen!!!" and she will shove the food in her mouth, so she won't see a need to go back to the kitchen. She asks for a cup of milk, we will get it for her and then I will pour myself a glass of juice and she insists she now wants juice. I, in turn, insist that she finish her milk first, but she argues with me as much as possible about it. In the meantime, Rodney comes in and gets a bowl of cereal and next thing you know, she wants cereal, and also in the meantime, Ben comes in and gets a cup of water and then she insists she wants water now. You might think I am exaggerating, but I am not. It is exhausting! But then the next thing you know, we will have a family dance session and all the frustrations are gone. The kids love the new song, Party in the USA, (I do too) and we will turn it up really loud and the kids will dance and it is so fun to watch! Rodney and I love music a lot and I think Lauren has that bug too. I think Ben does, but not as much as Lauren. She cannot help dancing, even when a commercial comes on and plays music. Love it!!!!
Anyway, my baby is not a baby anymore.....

Ben got a hair cut yesterday and he looks soooo handsome. I couldn't really capture it that well in this picture, since his hair is dark and just blends in with the background.
No comments:
Post a Comment